Monday, February 9, 2009

Roger Federer is not the greatest of all time

I am a Roger Federer fan and have been following his career since he started his amazing run five years ago. He has set many records will set many more before his career is over. However, to be considered the greatest, one has to beat the best during his life time. Even though Federer has amazing records against almost everyone, his dismal record against Rafael Nadal blemishes his great of all time status. Of their encounters, Nadal is 13-6 against Federer. That means Federer win less than one out of every three meeting. One can not be considered the greatest of all time when during the peak of one’s career can not find it in oneself to beat another player. Federer has lost five in a row to Nadal and who knows when (if) he will snap that streak. I do hope he will and that by the end of his career has a winning record against Nadal. But unless he changes his approach to playing Nadal, I see a slim chance of that happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment